Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you do about the Holidays?
- Our scheduled holidays are:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
A reminder about any upcoming holiday is printed on your billing card and our drivers put out flyers as well to let you know what the schedule will be. If you are still unsure about your pick up day please contact us at the office.
- What residential areas does Budget Refuse service?
- Budget Refuse services most of the following areas:
- Boiling Springs
If you do not see your area or are unsure if you are covered, please contact us at the office to ensure that we service your location.
- What time should I put my trash out for pick up?
- Our drivers begin their routes as early as 6 am. It is up to you to make sure that your cart is out for pick up when the truck comes by. To ensure that you receive service we ask that you put your cart out the night before your service day.
- How does Budget Refuse bill?
- Residential trash accounts are billed Bi-monthly (every two months) and are billed in advance.
Commercial accounts are billed monthly in advance.
Roll-off accounts are billed monthly as services are provided.
- When is my bill due?
- All invoices are due upon receipt. We accept all major credit and debit cards, checks and money orders. Service will be interrupted after the account is 90 days past due and a 1.5 % service fee will be added to the account.
- What can I put in my trash cart for pick up?
- Certain items are not accepted by the landfill. We cannot pick up the following items:
- propane tanks
- hazardous materials
- pressurized tanks
- Will Budget Refuse pick up my yard waste?
- Budget Refuse does pick up yard waste for our customers. We will take up to two bags per week. You will need to bag the yard waste in black lawn bags and place them beside your cart for pick-up.
- Does Budget Refuse pick up appliances or furniture?
- Budget Refuse does offer large item pick up to its customers. These items cannot be picked up on the route so you must call the office to arrange pick up. The minimum charge for this is $50.00.
- Can I request an extra cart if I have excessive trash?
- Yes, you may request an extra cart if you see that you are going to have more trash than the 95 gallon container will hold on a regular basis. There is an extra charge for the cart. Please contact our office for this price charge.
- What should I do if my cart is broken?
- Please contact us in the office if your cart is in need of repair. There is no charge for replacement of the cart as long as the cart has not been damaged from negligence. You are provided with a clean cart when you begin the service and it is your responsibility to maintain it.
Please return the cart in the same condition that you received it if you choose to discontinue your service.
- Does Budget Refuse offer Recycling Service?
- Yes, Budget Refuse will provide you with a 96 gallon cart for your recycling. We recycle the following items
Please make sure to bag all items in the cart and bag the glass separately. Place your recycling cart out at the same time as your trash cart.